Saturday, December 13, 2008

My heart speaks

Most of the time other people can put into words what I am thinking and feeling sooooo much better that I can. I struggle with finding the right words. My heart will just yearn for me to speak so eloquently. So I find myself reading, on other blogs or devotions, things that are said so well that I want to yell "Amen" and "I second that!" This is one of those times.
Angie Smith from Bring the Rain http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com is so wonderful. She is homeschooling her 5 year old twins. She wrote what my heart speaks. . . .


"I don't really care that much about whether or not my kids are book smart.
Let me explain.
I do care, I just don't care as much as I care about other things. I don't sit around and pray that my girls will learn to read today, or that they will understand a foreign language by the time they are 6, or that they will know their times table by next week. I do spend a lot of time asking God to give them "undivided hearts (Psalm 86:11), " and praying "that they will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel when they open their mouths (Ephesians 6:19)." I pray that God will help them to be good stewards of their time, their money, their words. I pray for their character, their faith, their decisions, their husbands. I want them to be wise, Godly women who chase after the Lord.
I'm thinking that instead of getting a "My kid is on the honor roll" bumper sticker, I may create a "My kid has an undivided heart" one."

Amen, Angie and I second that!!!!

No comments: