Tuesday, December 9, 2008

From my heart

I started out homeschooling because of several "small" incidents at our public school. I started out homeschooling with the intention that we would put the kids back in school when Conner goes into kindergarten. I really think God has other plans. He knew I would be overwhelmed if he would have unveiled his plan in it's entirety at the very beginning. The longer I do this the more I realize how blessed I am. I am learning so much along side my children. The more we dig into the bible, the more I realize how we are so not different from the people in the bible. Our society is not more advanced. There is a certain arrogance in our society. Believe me, people have been there and done that. And it did not turn out well for them. This is a quote my one of my favorite homeschooling pioneers, Robin Sampson.

"Historians concur that the Greeks were destroyed by moral decay. Pursuing knowledge without God is a recipe for disaster. We simply cannot survive without clear moral direction."

You can go to her blog, The Heart of Wisdom, and read the article this quote came from.
http://heartofwisdom.com/blog/why-christians-should-understand-greek-vs-hebrew-thought/
She has an awesome curriculum and has written some books that all parents, not just homeschoolers, should read.
I know that not every family is called by God to homeschool. God does have a plan for each one of us, and it is a good plan. Go to Jeremiah 29:11 if you want proof.
I do know without a shadow of a doubt that God has called each one of us to raise our
children with morals. To not allow certain things because "everyone is doing it". If I can encourage each one of you to do just one thing, it would be to open up a dialogue with God today. While you are doing your dishes, or bathing your baby, or vacuuming, just start talking. Ask God for direction. Ask him to show Himself in your life. Ask Him for His peace. Give him just a little room and get ready for some miracles in your life.
The bible says,
"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you." Matthew 7:7

No comments: