Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I think God is speaking to me. . .

I think God is speaking to me
because last week I started really looking around my house.
This first picture is what you see when you walk in my front door.
It usually looks nice because the kids rarely go in there.
This is where I read in the morning.
I have my quiet time with God in that chair on the right.
Looks good.

But if you look around the corner of the couch, this is what you see.
Piles of Junk!
Hidden away so that it can't be seen.
At least I hope no one is going to look there.

See, here is another example. Looks together. Picked up. Organized.

Another pile of Junk!!!
What was God saying to me?
He wants to help us clean up all of our piles of Junk. In the spiritual and the natural. The stuff people can see and the stuff we think we have hidden away so others can't see it. Yikes!
So I began in the natural. I started cleaning up these "hidden" piles of junk. On the sides of my couch and chair. The big one was our closet. I pulled EVERYTHING out of our closet. I took me 2 days. I scrubbed the shelves, the walls, and the baseboards. It felt soooo Good! My closet is so clean and organized. I even found Jim's wedding band that has been missing for the 4 years we have lived here. I slipped that baby on his finger. It felt so Good!
I have some more cleaning and organizing to do. But God is Good! He knows we can't do it all at once. I am working on the spirtual closets too. Those are hard. It brings up a lot of stuff that sometimes seems like it feels better to hide them away.
"Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a loyal spirit within me.” Psalm 51:10
Here is a link for a devotion that I read on Sunday. It was about this same thing. After reading this I really knew that God was speaking to me. Here it is.

No comments: