Monday, August 3, 2009

Family Intergrated Living

One of my favorite blogs to read is
Lynnette Kraft's blog
Dancing Barefoot on Weathered Ground.
I love her and I love her family.
I am reading her book, In Faithfullness, He Afflicted Me, right now.
I am so inspired that I want to go out- wait, I don't want go anywhere!
I want to stay at home and cuddle up on the couch and crossstitch
and watch Little House on the Praire.
Reading her blog incourages me to not yell at my kids,
have doughnuts on Sunday morning,
celebrate kids' day and just enjoy the small stuff.
She confirms my belief that quanity time is more important than quality time.
I asked permission to quote her and she said yes!
So the following is a quote from Lynnette.

Let's face it, families all around us are falling apart. Friends outside the home are often more important to children than their own siblings. Children often turn to their youth group leaders, pastors and Sunday school teachers rather than their own parents. I can understand this if the family isn't close to the Lord and the child/teen wants to be - they need others to turn to for counsel and advice. But it's happening in Christian homes as well. Parents are giving the important job of raising their children to these leaders. While these leaders may be wonderful, God fearing people, they don't love our children like we do. How can they? But more importantly, they are not the ones who God will hold accountable regarding our children. No, it's not their responsibility, it's ours.
"...And these words, which I command you this day, shall be in your heart. And you shall teach them diligently unto your children, and you shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down and when you rise up..." Deut. 6:6-9
We feel that we are sacrificing something good for something better. I guess it's kind of like a families choice to live without a tv or without an abundance of toys. There are benefits to having those things for sure, but in living without them those families feel they're making room for things they feel are better. That's the view we have from here. We are giving up perfectly good things for things that we feel are better - eternal relationships

2 comments:

Amelia said...

I think I need to read that book. This is so my heart!!! Thank you for sharing!

Unknown said...

Hi Crazy Clark Lady (Oh, I mean Amey) -

I'm so glad to hear that God is using what he taught me to inspire you. Makes all the pain of the past worth it when you see it helping others. So, thank you for sharing this.

Also, I wanted to thank you for the feedback on what you'd like to hear Kyle talk about on part 2 of the FIL series. I talked to him about it last night and he said he's excited to do it. I forwarded your comment to him.

Well, that's all!
Have a beautiful day with your children - and have fun starting school back up! We'll be at it in a few weeks - gotta go on vacation first. :)

Love,
Lynnette