Wednesday, July 22, 2009

yummy, healthy recipe

Jim and I started a Daniel Fast. This means no meat, dairy, sugar, bread etc.
Mostly just fruits and veggies.
I thought I would share some of our favorite recipes.
This is the Potato and Green Onion Frittata.
I added some zucchini, and green bell pepper.
You just start by sauteing onion and garlic in olive oil.
This is where you can add any veggie you want.
Then add some hash brown potatoes.











Then you put some firm tofu and soy sauce in a food processor to blend it.
I used Bragg's Amino Acids instead of soy sauce.
You stir in the green tops of the green onion,
and then stir the tofu in with the cooked hashbrown and
veggie mix.
Bake it and voila!
Jim and Callie really liked it.
It tastes kind of like eggs and hashbrowns.
Tofu does not really taste, it takes on the taste of whatever you cook it with.
Anything you add salsa to tastes better!


No comments: