Thursday, December 3, 2009

Jesse Tree

The Jesse Tree is named from Isaiah 11:1:
"A shoot will spring forth from
the stump of Jesse, and a branch out of his roots."
A Jesse Tree is used to tell some of the main stories from the
Old Testament starting with creation through the birth of Christ.
I have read that many Churches
would have a tree carved into a wall of the church with a
symbol for each of the main stories.
This was a way for people, that did not own a bible,
to remember these stories.
I read about Jesse Trees last year and really wanted to do one.
The thought of making the 25 ornaments on my
own was just too overwhelming.
I did find some templates on the internet that
I could have printed off and had the kids color.
This year I was so blessed to be a part of
Desert Springs Community Church homeschool co-op.
And guess what I found out they were
doing for the end of the year party!
A Jesse Tree ornament swap!
Everyone had to make 25 of one type of ornament
and wrap them with the day
they symbolize marked on the package.
Each day from Dec 1st - the 25th
we open one package.
There is a devotional that goes with each day.
I feel so blessed that God knows me so
well and even answers my desires for
what seems like simple things.


Here are the 25 ornaments I made for day #18.


Jeremiah 31:33 (New Living Translation)
"But this is the new covenant I will
make with the people of Israel on that day,”
says the Lord. “I will put my instructions
deep within them, and I will write them
on their hearts. I will be their God,
and they will be my people.
Here are all of the ornaments waiting to be swapped.

I can't wait to see what they all look like.

No comments: